Wednesday, December 16, 2009

thin the herd please!!!!

I wonder what the need is to have as large of a troupe as possible on stage? The only thing I can think of, is people dont want to be the "bad guy" by telling people that the cast is full, or not looking for extra performers. Please....SOMEONE, be the bad guy! I would rather watch a novice improvisor go onstage with their own troupe of novice improvisors, than watching an awesome group with one novice sticking out like a sore thumb, and holding the group back. That is one reason why I love having workshops and places where improvisors of ALL levels can play together and be supportive of each other....and then when it comes time to do a show, only the top level improvisors can play. Do I sound like an ass? Fine. I wish more people would be asses then downgrading the whole show experience. I beleive in giving learning performers all different kinds of opportunities, including their own "Showcase" venues...but really...take it from me...the one guy/gal that you are letting tag along during your performances, is really distracting to the audience when you have billed your show to be "the BEST improvisors" or "Improv Allstars" etc.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
the improv FROG podcast by Chili B is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.